Ooooooo I love a Blogger Tag! And this one is no exception. Thank you to the awesome Sarah over at Boo Roo and Tigger Too who has my new favourite blog name.
Sarah gave me 10 questions to answer, all about ME (which as you know, is my favourite subject…). So here goes!
1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Is it weird that I never really decided. I still haven’t, if I’m honest. I remember toying with the idea of being a teacher, I even applied to university to study Primary Teaching, but was persuaded by various interviewers to study English instead! I think I’d still like to work in a creative field, media or theatre.
2. How did you meet your partner?
Strictly speaking, I first met the Hubs when he was sat in my living room, visiting my housemate. I was in my pjs – what a great first impression! We first chatted (beyond a grunted “alright…”) on his 23rd birthday, where we bonded over our dodgy right knees. And then we very quickly became embroiled in a co-dependant friendship that ended up with us finally admitting defeat and going on a date in 2007.
3. What scares you the most?
My son being alone and sad. It’s crippling, and it hits me in the middle of the night and then I can’t sleep.
Sunshine Blogger Quiz
4. What is your must eat comfort food?
Haribo. Especially Strawbs. If I’m going for a full on “comfort meal” it would be Sweet Chilli Chicken Pizza, followed by an Apple Turnover, probably with a great big glass of ice cold Coke Zero. All of which would be a mistake, and I would feel horrible about an hour later.
5. When enjoying a cream scone, do you put jam or cream first?
I don’t have cream 🙁 Since I had my gallbladder removed in 2008 I can’t tolerate milk products very well. I flipping love cream too… I don’t judge anyone for the order in which they do it though. I used to cut the scone, put jam on one half, cream on the other and then smush the two together.
6. What would you most like to receive as a gift for your birthday?
A new camera. I have a DSLR that I love, and my phone is pretty decent, but I would love a little flashy number for when I need something in-between – which seems to be increasingly most of the time! Perhaps an Olympus Pen? There’s no perhaps about it. If we suddenly become flush with cash that’s what I’ll be asking for.
7. Are you a stationery lover or a technology fan?
Ha! I love both! But I’m a total sucker for a nice notebook and a good smooth roller-ball. I started keeping a bullet journal last year having gone through about 20 different diaries over the last 5 years trying to find my planner peace. The bullet journal is working well! I love that I can chop and change the pages as and when I need to, and keeping lists of things is surprisingly therapeutic.
8. What’s your favourite childhood memory?
I have a lot of memories of my Grandparent’s house in Cornwall, mainly lying in their back garden on their sun loungers on a clear night and looking up at all of the stars, and the milky way. We used to lie there for hours, watching the International Space Station fly over, and shooting stars. I’m not sure if being 13 still counts as a childhood memory, but we saw the total eclipse of the sun in 1999 from there too – it was amazing. We could see the edge of the shadow on the horizon over the sea. And as the moment of totality happened we could see camera flashes going off all around the bay.
9. If you had an extra hour each day, what would you do with it?
Sleep. Without a shadow of a doubt. I don’t get enough of it, and I can’t even blame my son – he sleeps like a dream between 7pm and 6.30am. I’ve never slept well, and I have no idea why.
10. What film can you watch time and time again and never get sick of it?
Right now I am totally addicted to Austenland. I must have watched it 10 times this year and I could watch it again right now. Otherwise, I do love Dirty Dancing, Back to the Future and Bill (by the folks that did Horrible Histories and Yonderland).
So that’s me! I’m tagging
Stephanie at Our Cherry Tree
Em at MummyEm
Emma at The Non Perfect Parent
and Rose at Bell and Bear
And your questions are:
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have one box set to watch, what would it be?
- Who was your favourite teacher at school?
- How did you pick your blog name?
- If someone gave you unlimited funds to decorate one room in your house, which room would you choose and why?
- What is your most treasured possession?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- What was the last film you saw in the cinema?
- Which Hogwarts House would you be sorted into?
- Can you speak any other languages?
- Would you rather visit a beach or tour a city?