So in 29 days I will be *shudders* no longer in my 20s. *sobs*
In light of the momentous tragedy that is turning 29+1, here are 29 More Things About Me…
- In the course of my 29 years, I’ve had 10 teeth removed. I only have one filling though, I have a small mouth apparently! Ha!
- I cannot stand celery.
- I am a prolific nail biter – I have tried many times to stop, but it turns out I just really enjoy doing it, and don’t like having long nails!
- One of the few times I managed to grow my nails, I tried to light a candle and set fire to my thumb nail with the lighter. Singed nail smells just like singed hair, in case you were wondering…
- I get goosebumps whenever I hear Savage Garden’s To The Moon And Back. No idea why.
- I don’t believe in horoscopes. Anymore. I used to be really into it when I was younger, but I suppose that’s the duality of my Gemini personality coming out…
- There’s nothing I like to do more than sing my head off whenever I have the house to myself. Usually Disney’s Broadway back catalogue.
- I probably shouldn’t do number 7. I’m not very good.
- I once won a photography competition at school and the picture was published in a book about Birmingham. It wasn’t until the book came out and I got my copy that I realised it was the photo I’d got my friend to take with the disposable camera we had to use for the competition. I don’t think I ever told her… I don’t think I’ve ever told anyone, actually…
- I desperately want to play Beatrice from Much Ado About Nothing. I *will* do it before I die. Even if it’s only in my back garden.
- I hate going back on myself if I go for a walk – I’d rather walk back on the other side of the road so I feel like I’m doing a lap rather than just walking back again.
- I can’t swim.
- Despite spending the entire of 6th form in ridiculously high platform heels, I now struggle in anything over an inch in height.
- The first CD album I ever bought was The Offpsring – Americana. I’m quite proud of that.
- The first CD single I ever bought was Jennifer Lopez – If You My Had Love. Not so proud of that.
- After digging into my family history, it looks like my parents are distant cousins. Awkward.
- I didn’t finish University. Strictly speaking, I failed my 2nd year (but kind of on purpose as I hated my course but couldn’t afford to drop out), but I got a shiny Certificate of Higher Education, so that’s something.
- I want to go back to university to study Film – I’ve started writing a few awful screenplays, but realised that’s what I really want to do. There’s nothing scary about potentially finding your dream career in your 30’s right?!
- I have never broken a “proper” bone – I’ve broken one finger, and my little toes about a million times, but nothing that’s required more than a little bandage.
- Both of my knees are dodgy. My right I hurt on a school skiing trip when I was 12. My left knee was a drunken table dancing incident.
- I’ve been known to spend the time I should be trying to sleep reading fan fiction – I’m not going to tell you what of though 😛
- I suffer from hayfever. At least, I’m pretty sure I do. It might by psychosomatic – I don’t like being outside!
- I used to play a lot of The Sims, but I generally never got past building a big house before I got bored.
- I suffer from something called Trypophobia, which is a sort of weird fear/intense dislike of small irregular holes, especially ones with something in them. Google it… I feel sick even talking about it… I might even start a campaign to get Google to not host images on the search page for it…
- I’ve decided that if we ever have pets they will have to have Shakespearian names. Like, Pyramus and Thisbee for hamsters, or a dog called Malvolio.
- If money was no object, I’d love to do Route 66 across the States in a big RV, and spend months doing it.
- I once physically bumped into Tony Robinson, and his very tall wife.
- According to my parents, when I was a toddler I got a bit obsessed with Alastair Stewart, the news reader. Nope, I don’t see it either…
- And lastly, I’m not looking forward to turning 30. I know it’s just a number. I remember my Mom turning 30, or maybe 31, and getting all the “29 Again!” cards, and a badge – I distinctly remember a badge that got used year after year.
So there we go. I bet you all feel like you know me so much better now. Sorry if you clicked the link for the trypophobia thing and now feel a bit queasy. Here’s a picture of me rocking some groovy specs and a rather marv jumper to get those lotus seed pods out of your head…