Hey, do you remember back when MySpace was king, or when Facebook was still in its infancy, when you used to spend hours copying and pasting “20 Questions About Me” or “You Wont Believe My Answers To These Questions!!” and then go back through the answers with a fine tooth comb to make sure you were being just enigmatic enough?
Yeah? Well, here’s one about ME – what better way for you to get to know a lot of useless information about the person sitting behind her laptop ranting about Health Visitors and my utter lack of sleep…
1. Have you ever had a nickname?: Not something directly related to my name, I suppose – just your generic Bex, Becki, Bexley… although one of my best mates still calls me by my Maiden Name – does that count?!
2. What was favourite subject at school?: I don’t think I ever really had one – arts subjects generally, over science and technology, although I really love them too – nerd alert. I discovered Drama later having had to drop Psychology A Level as the teacher drove me to despair, and then I knew I wanted to do something that involved performance. At A Level I adored Drama & Theatre, and Media Studies.
3. What is your favourite drink?: I would consume my own weight in cans of Coke Zero if left to my own devices.
4. Why did you start blogging?: Genuinely, because I felt my brain turning to mush – don’t get me wrong, I love being a Mum, and I love being a Stay At Home Mum too – I know it’s not an option available to everyone – but I really felt like I had to do something with my day other than changing dirty nappies, making meals and cleaning up. I’ve always enjoyed writing, and I hoped it would encourage me to get back into Photography.
5. What is your favourite food?: It varies, but I am partial to a good Hawaiian Pizza, followed by a Fresh Cream Apple Turnover (and I wonder why I’m fat…)
6. What is the last thing you bought?: A dangerous question, as I just got paid! I’ve just ordered The Blogger Journal as part of my determination to get this blog doing more!!
7. Favourite Colour?: The teenage Goth in me that refuses to give up wants me to say Black, but I do love Duck Egg Blue.
8. Are you addicted to anything?: Stationery. I’m still desperately looking for my Planner Peace, much to Hubby’s intense dislike as I end up spending money on them more than I should. And Coke Zero.
9. Do you have any pets?: Nope. Had goldfish when I was younger, but that’s about it. I am not an animal person.
10. Favourite Smell?: I love freshly mown grass – but my allergies do not. The smell of smoke from a steam train, or a recently extinguished candle.
11. Go-To Shower Song?: It depends what song I’ve last listened to; it inevitably ends up being some jazzy version of a CBeebies song because it’s wedged in my head, and I like to mix it up a bit.
12. Are you married?: Yup, since 2013, to the Hubby.
13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?: Not as often as I would like to have been. I’ve been to France, Spain, Austria and Portugal. Does Jersey count?!
14. Do you speak any other language?: I’ve been learning French on Duolingo for a good few months now, and I’m enjoying it. It’s not as easy as I would have hoped, and it’s made me realise just how badly I know the mechanics of English! Strictly speaking, I also have a GCSE in Spanish…
15. How many siblings do you have?: A younger brother and a younger sister 🙂
16. What is your favourite shop?: HEMA for their dirt cheap but adorable stationery. My brother’s girlfriend and I once travelled halfway across London to find the one at Victoria Station when it was the only one in the country. And now there’s one in Birmingham Grand Central it is very tempting to go in at every available opportunity. So I tend to avoid that bit of Brum, for the sake of my wallet and Hubby’s temper…
17. Favourite Film Genre?: Hard to say, I love the cheesy classics like Dirty Dancing and Ghost, superhero Marvel universe stuff, comedy like Bill, or Python… anything other than horror really. Or farce.
18. When was the last time you cried?: X’s birthday – he was sat in his chair in his room “reading” his book; turns out he’s pretty much memorised “Tabitha Posy” and it was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. IN MY LIFE.
19. Favourite Actor?: I’ve been an Alan Rickman fan for as long as I can remember, I was heartbroken at his recent passing. My favourite characters of his are Professor Snape in Harry Potter, Colonel Brandon in Sense and Sensibility and Rasputin, in Rasputin.
20. Favourite Radio Station?: I’m a Smooth Radio kinda gal.
21. Favourite TV shows?: Once Upon A Time, Yonderland, NCIS, Neighbours, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Grand Designs, Dickensian…
22. PC or Mac?: PC
23. What phone do you have?: I have a Samsung S5, and I don’t know what I’d do without it.
24. How tall are you?: 5’4″ And a bit. The bit is important.
25. Can you cook?: Better than I used to. I mean I made X’s birthday cake this year and didn’t give anyone food poisoning, so… yeah!
That’ll do for now… Have you got any questions? Or maybe a link to another great “About Me” questionnaire? I’m a total sucker for them…